Thursday, November 21, 2013

Venison, It's What's For Dinner

Oh how I wish that one of my brothers or my dad hunted. But, alas, they don't. So, I am at the mercy of friends and of co-workers of my brother to occasionally bless us with some. Tonight's dinner was courtesy of one of my brother J's co-workers, and I am very thankful.

VENISON STEAKS IN THE OVEN

INGREDIENTS:

Venison Steaks
1 Stick of Butter
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Crushed Peppercorns

In a large skillet, put in the Olive Oil and 2 Tbsp. of the Butter. Melt the Butter. Add the Venison Steaks and sear them. Preheat oven to 475. Place Steaks in a roasting pan and pour the Olive Oil/Butter Mixture from pan over the top. Sprinkle the Peppercorns generously over the steaks. Dot the top of each steak with slices of Butter. Bake for 12 minutes or until reached your desired doneness. 


I only baked mine for the 12 minutes and they came out very tender. These were delicious this way. The bro really enjoyed them. His comment to me was, "I figured that you would be able to cook these up a whole lot better than I could, and I was right." Thanks bro!!! I am thrilled that he decided to share them with me, and was happy to have him over to my place for dinner tonight.

Now to figure out how to get my hands on more venison. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment