Saturday, October 6, 2012

An Item I've Been Craving...

The credit for this recipe goes entirely to my friend J! I have been craving this yummy casserole for a few days now, and since she's too far away to make it for me, I pestered her for the recipe! :) It's in the oven baking right now and I can almost taste it.

This is a new take on an old Breakfast favorite...I don't particularly care for the other way anymore. This is definitely the way to go.

SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE

INGREDIENTS:
8-10 Hard Boiled Eggs; halved
1/4 C. Butter or Margarine; melted
1/4 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
Dash of Pepper
2 C. Milk
1 Lb. Pork Sausage; browned and drained
1 Can Whole Kernel Corn; drained
1 C. Soft Bread Pieces (I used 3 slices of white bread)

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Put half of the Egg halves in bottom of dish. In saucepan, melt Butter. Blend in Flour, Salt & Pepper. Add Milk all at once. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Stir in Sausage and Corn. Pour Sausage mixture over the Eggs. Top with remaining Egg halves and Bread Pieces. Bake for 20-25 minutes; or until heated through. 

This is a great comfort food for a chilly Fall night like it is tonight in Michigan. And the best part is that it doesn't take long to put together either! Give it a try, I would love to know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment