Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ah, A Divine Crock-Pot Meal

This morning, before I headed out the door for an interview I threw the things together in the Crock-Pot for supper. Let me tell you, by the time I got back home and opened the front door the whole house smelled so delicious. I could hardly wait until supper. It was definitely as good as it smelled and worth the wait! ;)

HAM & POTATO SOUP


·         3-1/2 cups peeled, diced potatoes
·         ⅓ cup chopped celery (I didn't have any celery, so I omitted it)
·         ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
·         1 cup diced ham
·         3-1/4 cups water
·         6 chicken bullion cubes
·          1 t. salt
·         1 t. pepper
·         5 T. flour
·         5 T. butter
·         2 cups milk
Instructions
1.     Stir all but milk, flour and butter into crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, check tenderness of potatoes.
2.     minutes before serving, melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and gradually add milk, stirring constantly over med heat until thick.
3.     Stir mixture into crockpot.
4.     Let cook 15-20 minutes more.

It was nice and creamy, and not watery like most soups. I tend to like my soup to have a little substance to it! Give this one a try, you won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment