Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Sweet Treat That's Sure To Make You Smile! :-)

In honor of my Momma being in town, and the fact that we both LOVE all things Pineapple related, when I found this recipe I knew that I was going to have to make it this weekend. It hasn't disappointed!

PINEAPPLE PECAN CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

INGREDIENTS:
2 C. Flour
2 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 Eggs
20 oz. Crushed Pineapple with Juice
1/2 C. Chopped Pecans

ICING:
1 Stick Butter; softened
8 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
2 C. Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp. Vanilla

Heat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with Cooking Spray. Cake: Mix the dry ingredients together. Add in the Eggs, Pineapple with the Juice and the Pecans. Stir just until moistened. Pour into baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. Icing: Combine the Cream Cheese, Butter, Powdered Sugar and Vanilla together. Beat until smooth. Frost the cake with all of the icing. Refrigerate. 

This is DELICIOUS!!!! It reminds me of the Pineapple Bars that we used to get from the Amish Store when my parents lived up North. So addicting! The only thing that I'm going to change is that next time I'm going to add more Crushed Pineapple and probably a little more of the dry ingredients to balance out the extra juice. But, it is delicious just the way that it is as well. I just love pineapple that much!!!

I hope that you'll make this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment