Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Baked Sandwich? Yes Please!

I have been busy lately getting ready for the move to the complex where I work. Oh, how I loathe packing boxes and moving...but it's all worth it in the end. I am looking forward to having my own place again. One that I can decorate how I'd like to.

But, in the meantime I have been cooking at home as well. Mom has been here this week, and as a result I have tried some new recipes. Today's lunch was no exception. It was good, but we came up with some ways to improve it. I will post it how I made and then at the bottom I will put what I would do differently the next time I make it.

BAKED TURKEY & CHEDDAR SANDWICHES

INGREDIENTS:
2 C. Original Bisquick Mix
1 C. Milk
1 Egg
4 oz. Sliced Deli Turkey Meat
1 1/2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
10 Slices Pre-cooked Bacon

Heat the oven to 400. Spray and 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Stir together the Bisquick, Milk, and Egg. Pour half of this mixture in the bottom of the pan. Top with Turkey, Bacon and 1 C. Cheddar Cheese. Top with remaining Bisquick Mix. Bake for 29 minutes. Remove and top with remaining 1/2 C. Cheese and bake for 3 additional minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

WHAT I WOULD DO DIFFERENT:
The next time I make this, I'm going to add about 1/4 C. Brown Sugar to the Bisquick Mix and then serve the sandwiches with a little bit of warmed up Maple Syrup for topping. Since you eat these with a knife and a fork anyway..it doesn't make that much more work. I think that a little bit of sweetness would cut through the dryness of the Bisquick.

Give them a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment