Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Comfort Food In The Crock-Pot...Doesn't Get Much Easier Than This!

I think that this title says it all! I have been looking for easy recipes to make this week, as I am packing up to make the move to the Northern GR area this weekend. Slowly I'm making a dent in the stuff from the house, and ever so slowly getting things over to the new place and put away. The goal is to only need to move a few items and the furniture on Saturday and then to only have to place the furniture and hang up decorations/pictures as time allows. I think that it will be less stressful this way!

My Momma was in town until today, and so she was a big help in pulling this recipe off! I put everything together on Sunday night, so all she had to do was add the last ingredient and turn the Crock-pot on, oh and stir it up once or twice. :)

CROCK-POT MACARONI & CHEESE

INGREDIENTS:
16 oz. Elbow Macaroni; cooked (I left mine a little firmer)
24 oz. Colby Jack Block Cheese; cubed
16 oz. Velveeta Cheese; cubed
1 Stick of Butter; sliced
16 oz. Milk

Spray your crock-pot with Cooking Spray. Place 1/3 of the Noodles in the bottom of the crock. Add 1/2 of the Cheese and 1/2 of the Butter. Add 1/3 of the Noodles, and then the remaining Butter and Cheeses. Top with remaining 1/3 of the Noodles. Pour the Milk over the top. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Stirring once halfway through.

It is VERY cheesy and gooey! Perfect for a cooler day. Would make a great side dish as well to anything that you're making.

No comments:

Post a Comment