Monday, February 27, 2012

The Crock-Pot Is My Friend...

I absolutely love using my crock-pot to prepare meals! It saves me so much time, but yet produces a delicious hearty meal everytime! This was no exception!

I haven't been feeling the best lately, so I've taken advantage of being able to throw the food in the crock-pot and let it work its magic.

SLOW  COOKER CHICKEN CORDON BLEU

INGREDIENTS:
6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 (10.75 oz.) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 C. Milk
6 Slices of Ham
6 Slices of Swiss Cheese
1 (8 oz.) Pkg. Savory Herb Stove-top Stuffing Mix
1/4 C. Butter; melted

Mix together the Cream of Chicken Soup and the Milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup in the crock-pot to cover the bottom. Layer Chicken over the sauce. Top with a Slice of Ham and a Slice of Cheese. Pour the remaining Soup over the layers. Sprinkle the Dry Stuffing over the top, and drizzle the top with Butter. Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours, or on High for 2 to 3 hours.

This was one of the best meals we've had. I would dare say that it's better than the Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe that I posted for the oven! It really was fantastic! Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment