Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Yummy Breakfast for Dinner Idea!!!

As I've stated, I've been exploring Pinterest lately. I have several recipes to try this week and next from this very lovely website! I can't wait!!!! This recipe is no exception! :) All I've done is prep this, so that we can have it for supper tomorrow night. It is so simple and easy, and I can't wait to eat it!!!

OVERNIGHT BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST

INGREDIENTS:
12 slices bread; cut into cubes (French or Texas Toast work best)
1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese; cut into cubes
1 C. Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
1/3 C. Maple Syrup
2 C. Milk

SYRUP:
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Water
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1 C. Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
1 Tbsp. Butter

Arrange 1/2 of the Bread Cubes in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the Cream Cheese Cubes and Blueberries evenly over the top. Top with remaining Bread Cubes. Mix together the Eggs, Milk and Syrup. Pour over the Bread Mixture; cover the pan with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake covered with foil at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes; until fluffy and golden. Top with sauce.

***SAUCE*** Cook Water, Sugar, and Cornstarch; until thickened. Stir in Blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Butter and stir until melted. Serve over French Toast.

Here's how mine looked before I put it in the fridge:
It looks delicious and I can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment