Sunday, April 8, 2012

Busy Busy...But A New Recipe!!!

Sorry that I've been MIA for a while! We were in the process of packing and moving, so I didn't make any new recipes lately. Yes, I said moving! :) My parents found a house that they fell in love with, that they want to retire to. Helps that it's close to their grandkids! :) My dad still has several years at the school district he's at, so they asked the bro and I, since we are both single if we would move into their house and be the caretakers/renters for them. I put the mobile home we were living in up on Craigslist, without any pictures, and sold it the same day!!! That was a great day. So, for the past few weeks we've been busy packing up the old place, and running loads over to the new place all last week. We finished up moving on Saturday with the help of some wonderful friends and family! I can't thank all of you that have helped in the past weeks enough, it means a lot to us!

Here's a pic of the new place:
Now, on to a recipe that we did try this week while my parents were here. I have had this before, when our friends S & E had us over for Sunday dinner and it was just as delicious then! I LOVE it, and it's so quick and easy!

OVEN BAKED SANDWICHES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 dozen Brown n’ Serve rolls
  • 1/2 to 3/4 lb. sliced deli meat
  • sliced cheese — enough to fit on each bun
Sauce:
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 2 T. brown sugar
  • 1 T. mustard
  • 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 T. Poppy seeds
Directions:
  • Put sandwiches together and place in a 9×13” pan
  • Boil sauce until bubbly and pour over sandwhiches.
  • You can either bake immediately or let sit for several hours or even over night.
  • Bake in a 350*F preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and crispy.
Leftover sandwiches are perfect for lunch the next day and taste great cold or warmed up again.

Give them a try! I'm sure that you'll love them just as much as we do! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment