Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Yummy Sunday Dinner

I haven't used my crock-pot in a while, and I think that it was getting pretty lonely sitting the pantry cabinet! So, I broke it out for dinner today! This recipe was easier than I thought it would be, and much the same as a recipe that I already have. But it was different enough and worthy of giving it a try.

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it comes from a Blog entitled "Six Sisters' Stuff". So yummy!

SLOW COOKER THREE ENVELOPE POT ROAST SLIDERS

INGREDIENTS:
1 3-4 Lb. Beef Roast
1 C. Water
1 C. Salsa
1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
1 Envelope Italian Dressing Mix
1 Envelope Au Jus Mix
1 Pkg. Hawaiian Rolls
Cheese Slices of your choice

Whisk together the Water, Salsa and Seasoning Packets. Place Roast in the Slow Cooker. Pour Seasoning Mixture over the Roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. Shred before serving. Serve on Rolls with Cheese slices.

It was very tasty, and the bro is excited to have leftovers! :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds very flavorful, and I could use some good crockpot recipes. I get nervous about leaving it on all day while I'm at work, though. I did it just once, and the power went off at some point during the day. Instead of coming home to a home scented with wonderful cooking smells, I had to throw away a stinky beef/pork combo roast. But, maybe I could try again...:)

    ReplyDelete