Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Great Make-Ahead Supper

The credit for this recipe goes to my friend N.! I'm part of a Proverbs 31 Woman Recipe Sharing Group on Facebook (if you'd like in let me know!), and I've gotten some awesome recipes from there. I made this last night for supper, but I did all the prep work for it on Tuesday night. It turned out fantastic!

My Mom & Gramma were here visiting last night and I wanted to have a good supper with them. This surely did not dissapoint!

CHICKEN FLORENTINE CASSEROLE

INGREDIENTS:
1 tsp. Oil
1 Lb. Boneless Chicken Breasts; but to bite size pieces
1 Clove Garlic; minced
1 Tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
3/4 C. Milk
2 C. Bowtie Pasta; cooked el dente (I didn't have this, so I used small Rigatoni Noodles)
1 Pkg. (10 oz.) Frozen Chopped Spinach; thawed and drained
1 C. Mozzarella Cheese; shredded
4 Slices Bacon; crumbled (I used the already cooked stuff and did 6 slices)

Heat oven to 375. Boil the Pasta until el dente in a large pot. Heat Oil in a large skillet. Add Chicken and Garlic. Cook and stir until Chicken is done. Stir in all remaining ingredients; except the Bacon. Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and spoon Pasta Mixture into dish. Bake COVERED for 25 minutes; or until heated through. The sprinkle with Bacon and bake for another 15 minutes.

***NOTE*** This can be made ahead and frozen or kept in the fridge overnight.

Everyone agreed that this was delicious. It was even good for leftovers tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment