Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Delicious Combination!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I pray that 2013 is filled with many of the Lord's richest blessings for all of my readers! We had a great time celebrating at home last night with some of my oldest friends. I call them my "step-momma" & "step-daddy". I made BBQ Meatballs in the Crockpot, and we had Cheese & Crackers. We had a great time talking, laughing and watching the ball drop in NYC on TV. Normally we go downtown and watch the Ball drop here in GR, but this year another friend was not able to join, so we didn't go. Which, was probably better as I have not been feeling the greatest and fighting off Bronchitis/Upper Respiratory crud for a few weeks now. I'm finally starting to feel more like myself, and am looking forward to when it is completely gone! :)

Tonight I decided that while we still had to use up some leftover ham, and some BBQ Meatballs that I made last night that I would also make a yummy side dish to go along with it. One that is healthy, well, relatively! Remember the post that I did about Butternut Squash? Well, I decided to use some of that tonight.

I thought that it was delicious! The Bro is not a huge fan of Butternut Squash, so his response was, "Eh". Oh well, more for me then! :)

BUTTERNUT SQUASH-APPLE-CRANBERRY BAKE
INGREDIENTS:
1 Large Butternut Squash; peeled & cut into 1-inch Chunks (I had already frozen some)
2 Large Tart Cooking Apples, cored and cut into chunks
1/2 C. Fresh or Frozen Cranberries (I used Fresh ones)
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/4 C. Butter

Preheat the oven to 350. Place the Squash in the bottom of a baking dish. Add the Apples and then Cranberries on the top. Mix together the Brown Sugar, Flour, Salt and Nutmeg and pour over the top. Slice the Butter and dot across the top. Bake for 50-60 minutes. 

It had just the right amount of flavors that melded so well together. Thanks Pinterest for another GREAT recipe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment