Friday, January 11, 2013

A Great Way To Start The Day!

This weekend is going to be a VERY busy one for me!!!! It all started tonight with my parents coming into town, then we all went out to dinner and are now home relaxing and having our evening coffee.

Tomorrow is jam packed full!!! I have my cousin R's Baby Shower to go to in the early afternoon! I'm so excited to be going and celebrating them and their first baby! It seems like just yesterday when we were all little kids and playing, roller skating and running up and down Van Auken Street here in GR when we'd come to visit. I have a lot of good memories of us growing up. :)

Then, on Sunday, we are celebrating my niece W's 5th Birthday!!!!!! She was so excited and exclaimed to me on the phone on Monday (which was her actual Birthday) that she's, "Five now, a WHOLE hand!!!!" It was so great, and brought a HUGE smile to my face. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being an Auntie...kinda helps that I have the best nieces and nephew in the whole world, hands down! ;) We are having her party here at our house. So, before the Baby Shower tomorrow I will be making rainbow 7-layer Jello and also a very special Rainbow Birthday Cake. I will post the recipe for that, along with pictures after it's all said and done.

I decided today that it would be nice if I made Mom & Dad and the bro breakfast tomorrow as well. In order not to have to slave over it I found a recipe on...you guessed it...PINTEREST for a different kind of Crock-Pot Oatmeal. So, I've already assembled it in the Crock and am just waiting for the perfect time to turn it on and let it cook overnight. I can't wait to smell the yummy smells as it cooks tonight and hope that it fills my house with it's aroma!

CROCK-POT OVERNIGHT OATMEAL
INGREDIENTS:
2 Apples; chopped (I used 3 smaller ones)
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/3 C. Brown Sugar (I used a little bit more than that)
2 C. Oatmeal
4 C. Water

Chop the Apples and place in the bottom of the Crock-Pot. Add the Brown Sugar and the Cinnamon on top. Pour in the Oatmeal and finally add the Water. DO NOT stir. Put the lid on and turn on Low and let cook for 8-9 hours.

How easy is that? I can't wait to taste it, as I'm sure that it will be delicious! I'd love to know if you try this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment