Monday, January 7, 2013

It's A Pot Pie Kind of Night!

I thought that I had posted this, but apparently I haven't. So, I will post it tonight, since this is what we're having for supper tonight over here!

It's quick, easy and delicious!

CHICKEN POT PIE
INGREDIENTS:

1 Box Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
1/3 C. Butter
1/3 C. Chopped Onion
1/3 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 3/4 C. Chicken Broth
1/2 C. Milk
2 1/2 C. Chicken; cooked and cubed (I cheated and used Tyson Frozen Cubed Chicken)
2 C. Green Giant Frozen Mixed Vegetables; thawed

Preheat the oven to 425. Roll out 1 Pie Crust into the bottom of a pie plate. In 2-quart saucepan; melt the Butter. Add the Onion and cook 2 minutes until tender. Add in the Flour and Salt & Pepper; stirring constantly.  Gradually add in the Milk & Chicken Broth; stirring until thickened. Stir in the Chicken & Mixed Vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon into Pie Crust. Top with remaining pie crust. Cut slits in the top to vent. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


See, I told you that it was quick and easy! And it makes the whole house smell so good while it's baking! Give it a try, and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment