Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Mexican Dish To Please

This recipe comes from Live Better America. It was quite good...The bro liked it, but requested that I add the Green Chiles that I omitted the next time I make this! :)

HEALTHY CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE

INGREDIENTS:
1 Can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (4.5 oz.) Green Chiles
1 (8 oz.) Sour Cream
1/2 C. Milk
1 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin
2 1/2 C. Shredded, Cooked, Chicken Breast
8 Yellow Corn Tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 Green Pepper, chopped
1 Large Tomato; chopped
1 1/2 C. Shredded Taco Cheese

Heat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix Soup, Chiles, Sour Cream, Milk, Chili Powder and Cumin until blended. Stir in the Chicken, Tortillas, Green Pepper. Stir in the Tomatoes and 1 C. of the Cheese. Spoon and spread into pan. Cover with Foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining Cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

If my Chili Powder would have been a little more fresh I think that this would've had a ton more flavor. I do, however, plan on making this again!!! This would even be a good one to make and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment