Tuesday, March 19, 2013

An Amish Classic

Today has been a day of catching up here on my Blog. I'm sorry that I haven't posted, I've been very busy with life. Right now that life consists of getting around on a knee cart. What's a knee cart you ask? Well, it's a handy-dandy little contraption that I can put my knee on and use my other leg to wheel myself around. Why do I need this? Because I broke my left ankle at work last week Wednesday! OUCH!!!!! My ankle is now an assortment of blues, greens and yellows in color, and is encased in this giant boot. I'm thankful that it is a clean break and won't require surgery, and that it's in a boot that I can remove once in a while and let air get to my leg.

My Mom is in town to help me, and I'm so glad that she's here. I'm still trying to remain as independent as possible and get around to do things on my own when I can. It's been almost a week now, and I can honestly say that my ankle is much better today than it was last week. So thankful for some healing!!!!!

Now, if we could only get rid of this snowy weather! My Birthday is in 2 days and I would LOVE for there to not be any snow left. Wishful thinking I'm afraid!

Give this recipe a try on a cool day like today, it won't disappoint!

AMISH CHICKEN & NOODLES

INGREDIENTS:
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts (I used Fresh that I had frozen)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Stick of Butter
Chicken Broth (30 oz.)
24 oz. Frozen Egg Noodles (Reames)
Italian Seasoning to taste

Cook Chicken, Soup, Butter, Italian Seasoning and Broth in the Crockpot on low for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4-6 hours). Take Chicken out and shred it. Put Chicken back in the Crockpot; add Noodles and cook on Low for 2 hours (or until the Noodles are tender). Stir a few times while cooking. 

I served this over Mashed Potatoes. This is also so yummy as leftovers. It does make a lot of food, just be aware!

No comments:

Post a Comment