Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Delicious Sunday Dinner!

I have been loving trying some new recipes lately. I MUST give another shout out to Mr. Food! His recipes have been a hit around my house, I have yet to be disappointed! :)

This recipe amazed me at how fast it went together. Baking it took longer than the assembly of it. BONUS! It was a hit at my table. It is packed with a different flavor, one that you wouldn't ordinarily make everyday. But it's so good, and I'm glad that there are leftovers for lunches this week.

ALWAYS APRICOT CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
3 Lbs. Chicken Breast
11 Oz. Apricot Nectar (In the juice aisle at Family Fare)
1 jar (18 oz.) Apricot Preserves
1 tsp. Allspice
1/8 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper

Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350. In a bowl combine the Nectar, Preserves, Allspice, Ginger, Salt and Pepper; stir together. Pour over the Chicken in the baking dish. (The recipe says to cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. I DID NOT DO THIS & mine was fabulous. I'm a little leary of cooking the chicken in the stuff it sat in overnight) Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes.

It was packed with flavor, even though I didn't let it sit overnight and then bake it. I didn't want to risk anyone getting sick. Give it a try and let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment