Thursday, June 27, 2013

Baked Yumminess

My boss and I at work go back and forth with recipes, sometimes on a daily basis! She'll give me a stack and I'll give her a stack and then we let eachother know what we thought after we've tried them. She gave me the recipe that I used to make supper with last night. Although, as per my usual, I added a few more items to it, to kind of make it my own and add a few more flavors. It turned out great and my family LOVED it. Definitely an easy one, and one to make again.

OVEN BAKED CHIMICHANGAS

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. Cream Cheese; softened
8 oz. Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
1 Lb. Shredded Chicken (I used 2 Large Chicken Breasts that I had cooked for an hour in the oven)
8 Flour Tortillas
Sour Cream
Salsa
What I added:
1 Lg. Can Mushrooms
1/2 Lg. Green Pepper
1/3 Onion; chopped

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with Cooking Spray. In a large bowl combine the Cream Cheese, Shredded Cheese and Taco Seasoning. Add the Chicken, Mushrooms, Green Pepper and Onion. Stir to combine. Spoon generous amounts into the Tortillas. Roll up Tortillas; tucking in the sides and place in baking dish. Spray the tops of Tortillas with Cooking Spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and flip over Chimi's and bake for an additional 15 minutes. (I only baked them for 15 minutes and didn't flip them and they turned out great)

This is also one that you could 1/2 the recipe and it would make plenty. Or if you made the whole thing and froze some of them before baking, I'm sure that they would turn out great as well!

Give them a try! I would love to know what you think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment