Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Scrumptious Breakfast

My Mom messaged me the other day to check the Mr. Food site on the web. He was on the local news station during noon-time making something delicious. She particularly pointed me in the direction of this recipe.

I'm going post the recipe for you, and then I'm going to tell you how I'm changing it for tomorrow morning's breakfast before church! :)

RASPBERRY LEMON SWEET ROLLS

INGREDIENTS:
1 (13.8 oz) Pillsburry Pizza Dough
1/4 C. Raspberry Jam
1/2 C. Dried Cranberries
3/4 C. Powdered Sugar
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Hot Water

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Roll out the Pizza Dough to 9x12 size. Spread the jam on the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle Cranberries over the top and gently press into the dough. Beginning with the long side, roll-up jelly-roll style and pinch the seam to seal (do not seal the ends). Cut roll into 12 1-inch slices, and place them cut side up in the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove rolls from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. In the meantime mix the Powdered Sugar, Lemon Juice and Hot Water together to form a glaze. Drizzle over each roll. 

So that's their recipe. Mine for tomorrow is using:
Apricot Preserves
Dried Apricots; cut into pieces
Powdered Sugar
Milk 

I will substitute the Apricots for the Raspberry Jam and the Cranberries, and omit the Lemon Juice from the glaze. 

My Dad's favorite is Apricots, and since he wasn't here for Father's Day, I will treat him now. I hope that they are as yummy as they sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment