Monday, May 23, 2011

Do You LOVE Asparagus As Much As I Do?

I LOOOVVVEEE asparagus! I was so thrilled to find bunches and bunches of FRESH Michigan grown asparagus at the Farmer's Market this past weekend. I just had to get some...I wasn't quite sure how I was going to cook it up, or what I was going to serve it with...I just knew that I had to have some of this yummy stuff.

Tonight I made supper to bring over to my Brother and Sister-in-laws house as they recently had their third baby (A BOY!) and my Mom is there this week helping with the two little girls. I thought that it would be nice to make life easy on them and just have a meal brought in! I made them Inside-Out Chicken Pot Pie and also brought over some of the asparagus, as I know that my Mom loves it as well. I must admit that I did have a bit of an ulterior motive for being so nice...that was to spend a little snuggle time with the newest addition over there...It was SO worth it! :-)

So, without further a-do here is what you need for this simple side dish:
BALSAMIC BAKED ASPARAGUS

INGREDIENTS:
1 Bunch Asparagus
2 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400. Place Asparagus on a cookie sheet; Spray with Cooking Spray (YES spray the Asparagus as well). Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes; or until tender. While baking; place the Butter in a small saucepan and melt...you will want to "brown" the butter a bit to add a little extra flavor (that is to overcook it a bit; scald if you will), add the Balsamic Vinegar and the Worcestershire Sauce; stir. Take tray out of the oven and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper and then pour the Butter Mixture over the top. Serve.

My Mom tried a piece right after we arrived with it, and the look on her face said it all!!! She said that it was fantastic and that she could eat the whole plate by itself. Not too bad for a first time recipe I'm thinking! I really enjoyed it as well. I hope that you will give it a try and let me know what you think of it!

1 comment: