Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sunday Dinner

I made this recipe for dinner on Sunday, and I will DEFINITELY make some revisions the next time that I make it. I think that it might have to do with the Ground Beef that I used, and also the type of pan that I baked it in. I made two of these at the same time, and when I'm ready to thaw out and bake the next one I will use a different pan and see how it goes.

In any event, I want to share this recipe with you because despite my mishaps (hey, it's good to know what others did wrong to avoid doing it yourself!) it really was a pretty good dinner. I wouldn't give it 5 stars or a glowing recommendation or anything, but it is a pretty easy one to make.

EASY MEATLOAF

The silent cast:
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 Lb. Ground Beef (I highly recommend getting the VERY lean meat so that there is less grease)
1 Egg
1 Onion; chopped
1 C. Milk
1 C. Dried Bread Crumbs or Cracker Crumbs
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Prepared Mustard
1/3 C. Ketchup

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the Beef, Egg, Onion, Milk, and Bread Crumbs/Cracker Crumbs. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan. (I will use the 9x13 next time) In a separate small bowl, combine the Brown Sugard, Mustard, and Ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

The finished product:

1 comment:

  1. I love, love meatloaf and simple recipes too. I tend to use cheap meat, so it is greasy. To get rid of the grease, I put it on my broiler pan. Then the grease runs down into the bottom part. I haven't made any of my meatloafs in a loaf pan. I like the outside to get pretty crunchy. I think that I will try this recipe. Are there any other changes?
    PS. You are totally rocking as a blogger. Putting me to shame. :) I have to update sooner and more frequently.

    ReplyDelete