Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Recipe Lost To The Blogosphere...And A Note

I recently posted this recipe, as those that faithfully check my blog will attest...however for some reason it has been lost and not saved. So, I thought that I should post it again.

BROCCOLI HAM RING

INGREDIENTS:
4 Oz. Ham; chopped (1 C.)
1/4 Lb. Broccoli; chopped (1 C.)
1/4 C. Onion; chopped
1/4 C. Fresh Parsley; snipped
1 1/2 C. (6 oz.0 Shredded Swiss or Cheddar Cheese
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
2 Pkg. (8 oz. each) Refrigerated Crescent Rolls

Preheat oven to 350. Coarsely chop the Ham, Broccoli and Onion; place in 2 Quart Batter Bowl. Snip Parsley. Add Parsley, Cheese, Mustard, and Lemon Juice to Ham mixture; mix well. To assemble ring, unroll Crescent Dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in center of stone) Using medium Stainless Steel Scoop, scoop Ham mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Fillling will not be completely covered) Bake 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.

You could also change up this recipe and add Chicken, Green or Red Peppers...pretty much make it into anything you'd like!

With it being Memorial Day weekend, I want to say a HUGE THANK-YOU to all of our Service Men an Women, both actively serving and retired. Also thanks to all of those that serve here at home to keep us all safe in the wonderful US of A!!! Thanks to all Firefighters, Police Officers and EMS workers who put their lives on the lines daily to protect the citizens of the US and their rights. Without all of you, we would not have the freedoms that we do. THANK-YOU from the bottom of this girls heart.

I am going to be MIA of sorts for the next week or so...that is, that I won't be doing much cooking of new recipes to post, there is a lot going on around here for the next week. I do promise that if I run across a recipe that sounds good that I will post, but otherwise it will be pretty silent over in this girls world. But, in the meantime, I hope that you will check out my friend Natasha's Blog! http://www.commoncentssaver.blogspot.com She is determined to help everyone out there learn how to effectively use coupons and save the MOST amount of money possible. She really is an EXTREME COUPONER, except she's not as as extreme as some of those crazy people on the TLC show! She posts deals at stores such as Meijer, CVS, Rite-Aid and the likes and she even tells you the purchases she made and how much money she saved! :-) Oh, and gives you some cool websites you can visit to get some free coupons to clip. Anything over the excess of what she and her family need, she donates to local churches and charities to help them out. Most of the time these are items that she's gotten FREE with coupons or for pennies! Her hope is that more people will do the same thing and pay-it-forward. I have used coupons for a long time and I LOVE to save money...her site has given me a few new ideas. I'm getting better at it! I went to Meijer yesterday and had an Mperks coupon for $2 off 20 Yoplait Yogurt and then I had 2 coupons for $0.60 off of 8 and $0.40 off of 6, I was able to combine them all, and since the yogurt was $0.60 each, I was able to get almost 10 yogurts for FREE! So, please check out her site it is quite helpful!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment