Thursday, May 5, 2011

If You Like Enchilada's & You Like Pizza...You Will LOVE This!

I think that the title of this post says it all! I've been looking at this recipe for a long time and trying to decide if I would like it or not. Well, finally, last night I decided that I just needed to make it and give it a try. I LOVED it and so did the brother!!!! He told me that I wasn't allowed to have anymore because he would scarf up the leftovers today! That's a success in my book. ;-)

The best part was that this recipe only took me about 15 minutes total to prepare and then it was just the baking time on top of that! You really can't beat that at all. Of course, I did make some revisions to this recipe because there were certain ingredients I didn't have/couldn't find in the store.

CHICKEN ENCHILADA PIZZA

INGREDIENTS:
1 Pkg. (13.8 oz.) Refrigerated Pizza Crust
1/2 Medium Onion
1 Jalapeno Pepper (I omitted)
8 oz. Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese OR Marble Cheese Blend (about 2 C.); divided
2 C. Diced Cooked Chicken Breast (I used 2 large cans of Chicken Breast, so it was shredded a little)
1/2 C. Mild Green Taco Sauce (couldn't find Green so I used Original)
3 Garlic Cloves; pressed
1/2 C. Grape Tomatoes (I used more because we LOVE tomatoes)
1/2 C. Loosely packed Fresh Cilantro (I omitted because we are not huge fans of cilantro)

Preheat oven to 425. Lightly brush large jelly-roll pan with oil. Unroll dough onto bottom of pan and gently stretch and press dough to cover bottom. Bake 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Meanwhile, coarsely chop Onion and Jalapeno. Grate Cheese. Combine the Onion, Jalapeno, 1/2 C. of the Cheese, Chicken, Taco Sauce & Pressed Garlic; mix well. Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle 1 C. of the Cheese evenly over crust; top with Chicken Mixture and remaining Cheese. Bake 6-7 minute or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove pan from oven. Slice tomatoes lengthwise into quarters (I sliced in half and placed on top before baking the 6-7 minutes). Coarsely chop Cilantro. Sprinkle Tomatoes and Cilantro over pizza. Cut pizza into 12 rectangles.

Here's how mine looked:
Like I said, this was super simple to make and it packed a lot of flavor! I hope that you will give it a try as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment