Thursday, February 21, 2013

Apple Butter In A Recipe...A Beautiful Thing

I love Apple Butter! It reminds me of my days working at the Das Essenhaus in High School. Their Apple Butter is the best, it just melts in your mouth. So, when I found this recipe on the Crockin' Girls site I had to try it and then share it with all of you.

The Bro gave it 2 thumbs up!!!! Even told me to stay away from the leftovers because they were all his! Haha

APPLE BUTTER SMOKED PORK CHOPS

INGREDIENTS:
6 or 8 Pork Chops
1 1/2 C. Apple Butter
1 1/4 tsp. Quick Cook Tapioca
1/2 tsp. Sage
2 Large Red Apples; diced
3 C. Hot Cooked Rice

Place Pork Chops in the Crock-pot. In a small bowl combine the Apple Butter, Tapioca and Sage. Pour over the chops. Place the Apples on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours. Serve over hot Rice.

Mine cooked for about 8 hours, since I was at work for that long and it still turned out just great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment