Friday, February 1, 2013

Something Scrumptious!

The bro wasn't feeling so well last weekend and as a result he missed out on some yummy foods while the parents were here. He requested that I make something this week, and being the nice sister that I am I decided that I would.

I made these oh so delicious brownies from scratch last night. They are AMAZING!!!! Very rich, but amazing none-the-less! Also very easy to make, which is a huge bonus!

MARSHMALLOW BROWNIES
Before the rest of the baking and Chocolate Frosting

INGREDIENTS:
1 C. Butter
2 C. Sugar
1/3 C. Cocoa
4 Eggs
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Bag Mini Marshmallows

Preheat the oven to 350. Soften the Butter and blend in the Sugar and Cocoa. Beat together and add the Eggs one at a time. Add Flour, Salt and Vanilla until evenly mixed.

Spread on a large (10x15x1 inch) greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover the entire top with the 1 bag of Marshmallows. Return to the oven for 3 minutes; until soft and puffy. Remove from the oven and cool completely.

CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
1 Stick Butter; softened
1/4 C. Milk
1-2 tsp. Vanilla
3 Tbsp. Cocoa
2-3 C. Powdered Sugar

Mix all ingredients together with a mixer until smooth. Add more Powdered Sugar or Milk until you reach your desired consistency. Spread on top of cooled brownies. Store in the refrigerator.

I'm not a chocolate fan...GASP, I know, what's wrong with me? I assure you that nothing is wrong with me! :) I do eat chocolate occasionally, and I did try one of these last night and I can tell you that they are so good. The bro took some to work with him and I'm sure that everyone there was thankful that he shared! 

No comments:

Post a Comment