Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just Like Outback Makes...

We don't often go to Outback for supper, but when we do my favorite thing to order is their Alice Springs Chicken. It is so tasty. Last week, when my parents were in town they took the bro and I there for supper...and to my surprise they had made my favorite into a Quesadilla! I tried it and it was delicious!!!!

I often thought that it would be so nice to be able to make this at home. I searched and I found this recipe and thought that I would give it a try. I will post it as it is and then I will tell you what I did differently. You know me, I NEVER seem to follow a recipe directly...

ALICE CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
5 oz. Worcestershire Sauce
8 Slices of Bacon
2 Tbsp. Butter
8 oz. Fresh Mushrooms; sliced
1 (8 oz.) Monterey Jack Cheese; shredded
1 (16 oz.) Honey Mustard Dressing

Place Chicken in a glass dish or bowl; poke with fork several times; then pour Worcestershire Sauce in and turn to coat. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Place Bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, set aside. Heat Butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add Mushrooms and saute for about 10 minutes, or until soft; set aside. Preheat Oven to broil. Remove chicken from marinade (discard any remaining liquid), and broil for about 5 minutes; each side. When chicken is almost finished, top each breast with 2 slices of bacon, then cheese. Continue to broil until cheese has melted, then remove from oven. Serve with Mushrooms and Honey Mustard for topping.

**NOTE** I followed the directions until it was time to broil. Instead we fired up the trusty grill and grilled that delicious chicken! When it was cooked through and brought into the house, I topped it with the bacon and the cheese and popped the plate in the microwave until the cheese melted. Then I followed the directions again until the end!

Here's what we had for supper:
It was so tasty, and if we closed our eyes we could imagine that we were actually at Outback! Only we didn't have to pay Restaurant prices for supper! BONUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment