Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Breakfast or Dessert...I Think BOTH!

I have some frozen fresh blueberries in my freezer and have been wanting to make this for a while now. I thought that it would be perfect for tonights supper and then also for tomorrow's breakfast! I LOVE a versatile recipe! It turned out fantastic!

BLUEBERRY BUCKLE

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 C. Butter; softened
3/4 C. Sugar
1 Egg
2 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Milk
2 C. Fresh Blueberries

TOPPING:
2/3 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/3 C. Cold Butter

Preheat oven to 375. In a small mixing bowl, cream Butter and Sugar. Beat in the Egg. Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with Milk. Fold in the Blueberries. Pour into greased 9-inch squre baking pan. For topping, combine the Sugar, Flour and Cinnamon in a bowl; cut in Butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the cente comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

I serve mine warm, and it's oh so scrumptious!

2 comments:

  1. You had me at blueberries! lol I cannot wait to try this out when we get home from camping this weekend. I'll have to let you know how it turns out. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Melanie let me know how it turns out for you! It sure is delicious!!! Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete