Monday, August 29, 2011

A Delightful Hot Dish

A friend of mine shared this recipe with me several years ago, and it's one of my favorites. It's an easy varation on the cold version of this salad and I must say it tastes GREAT! This recipe can be used as a main dish for supper, an easy lunch or for a brunch, bridal shower or baby shower.

I have been cravning this for a few weeks now and decided that today this is what we're having for supper here in our house. I can hardly wait for suppertime! I made a double batch of this because it's so easy and also because our good friends S & E are having their 3rd baby today!!! I can't wait to meet him/her and have some snuggle time! This was just one easy meal that I could prepare for them ahead of time and throw it in the freezer until I bring them some meals. I hope that they will like it as much as we do here.

HOT CHICKEN SALAD

INGREDIENTS:

2 C. Chicken Breasts; cooked and chopped (I used the cut up chicken from GFS)
1-2 C. Finely Chopped Celery
1/2 C. Toasted Slivered Almonds
3/4 C. Mayonnaise
1-2 C. Baked Potato Chips; crushed (I used Lays Baked)
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Grated Onion (I used Dried Diced Onion)
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 C. Grated Cheddar Cheese (I always use a little more because cheese is so yummy!)

Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl combine Chicken, Celery, Almonds, Salt, Onion, Juice, Mayo, Chips, and Cheese. Mix well. Transfer to a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.

If made and put right into freezer. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.

I serve this on warm Pillsbury Crescent Rolls!

I hope that you will give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of it! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds similiar to a recipe I've had before....and I was recently trying to remember how it was made. I'll try yours and see if it tastes the same! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, that sounds good. I have chicken breast and cresent rolls in the fridge too, I was wondering what I was gonna make tonight. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete