Saturday, August 6, 2011

The BEST Barbecue Sauce EVER!

Well, okay I might just be a little bit biased, but seriously this stuff is wonderful! The best part is that it's so easy to make and it lasts for a long time after it's made! I made a batch of this up the other day so that we could enjoy some Sloppy Joes, and boy did it ever hit the spot!

I must mention that this is a recipe that came from my Gramma (my Mom's Mom), and I'm so glad that she's shared it with us!

BARBECUE SAUCE

INGREDIENTS:

2 Tbsp. Butter
1 Medium Onion; chopped
2 Tbsp. Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 Small Bottle Catsup (1 3/4 Cups)
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp. Prepared Mustard
1 C. Water
1/2 C. Celery; chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

Place Butter in saucepan and melt. Add Onion and brown. Add all other ingredients and cook slowly for 15 minutes.

See, I told you that it was VERY simple to make! All I do after that is brown up some ground beef in another pan and pour on the amount of sauce that I'd like. The rest can be refrigerated or frozen! I hope that you'll give this a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment