Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Quick Treat To Make

I made a dinner for friends this week, as they had a death in their family and had family in from out of town. I wanted to try and help out a little bit and make things a bit easier. I made them Bowtie Pasta Salad, a Fruit Salad and these yummy bars. I can't believe that I haven't posted them on here yet. What is wrong with me? I must be losing it, or something! haha

These bars literally take about 5 minutes to make, and could really take just that long to eat the whole 9x13 pan of them as well. I had to make 2 pans because I wasn't going to be able to make it out of the house if I didn't make the brother some of his own! I think that he thinks that I've neglected him lately because I haven't made these in SO LONG. SORRY J. just didn't really think about it.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE BARS

INGREDIENTS:

1 C. Sugar
1 C. Karo Syrup
1 C. Peanut Butter (I use Chunky)
6 C. Rice Krispie Cereal
1 1/2 C. Chocolate Chips (I just use the whole bag! What can I say, I'm a rebel!)

In a large pot mix the Sugar and Karo Syrup. Place over heat and allow to come to a slow boil; stirring constantly. I let mine boil at the edges of the pan for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat. Immediately add in the Peanut Butter and stir to melt. Add in Rice Krispies and stir to thoroughly coat. Add in Chocolate Chips and stir them through. Pour mixture into greased 9x13 pan and press to fit. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then cut into squares.

I told you that this was one simple recipe! Trust me, it's a great twist on an old favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment