Friday, November 25, 2011

Another GREAT Pumpkin Recipe!

I hope that you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for this year...my Faith, Family and Friends top the list!!!!!

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. My parents came into town and we went to my Dad's brother's house. My Aunt R. made a wonderful meal, and I brought along a side dish and 2 desserts, as requested. I decided that I didn't want to make a traditional Pumpkin Pie, so I used the recipe that I'm posting today. It recieved RAVE reviews from my family....So, I guess I would call it a success! :)

Pumpkin Pie Ala Easy

1 1/4 c. Flour
4 eggs
3/4 c. Oatmeal
2 cans 15 oz. Solid pack pumpkin
½ c. Brown sugar
2 cans 14 0z. Sweetened Cond. Milk
½ C. Pecans, chopped
2 tsp. Gr. Cinnamon
2/3 c. Butter or marg.
1 tsp. Ginger
 ½ tsp. Nutmeg
 1 tsp. Salt
Cool Whip
Preheat oven to 350. In Bowl combine flour, Oats, and brown sugar. Chop pecans, add to Bowl. Melt butter in microwave. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Jelly-Roll Pan, using Mix and Scraper Bake 15 min. Cool on Non-stick cooling rack. Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs in Bowl using Whisk. Add pumpkin, sweet cond. Milk, spices and salt; whisk until smooth. Pour over crust. Bake 30-35 min. Or until filling is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool at room temp. Cut into squares and serve with Cool Whip.

These were so easy to make. Give them a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment