Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What An Awesome Night For Soup!

It has gotten very cold here lately, in fact, they are predicting that we will get our first snowfall of the season tonight to the tune of 6-8 inches! WOW!!! So, what goes better with the cold than soup?!? I hunted for a recipe today and found one that I wanted to try. And I must say that it turned out wonderfully, and the brother even said that if I have to bring someone a meal this winter that I should make this! Guess that's his vote of greatness! ;)

POTATO AND HAM SOUP

5 C. Potatoes, diced
1 C. Onion, diced
3/4 C. Celery, diced
3/4 C. Carrot, diced
2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 1/2 C. Diced Ham
2 (10.75 oz.) Cans Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
1 C. Heavy Cream


Place the Potatoes, Onion, Celery, Carrots, Salt and Pepper in Stock-pot; add water until all vegetables are covered. Bring to a boil; cook until all veggies are tender. Add the Ham, Cream of Celery Soup, and Heavy Cream; return to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve.

It really and truly was this simple, and it was oh so good! Give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good and easy--two thumbs up! Looks like it could be made in a crock pot, too . . .
    Please don't mention 4 letter S words in your posts . . . it makes me cold!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emily! Thumbs up for everything but the weather forecast... unless I get to stay home :)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete