Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yesterday's Supper

In case you haven't been following along lately, I've been using my Crock-Pot a WHOLE lot in the past few weeks. Last night was no exception, in fact I plan to use it for tomorrow nights supper as well! I will post that recipe after I've made it! Last nights supper was a whopping success...the bro was SO happy to have Beef Stroganoff for supper...it brought him back to his college days when one of his roomates would make it on his night to cook. Of course, his sister's was MUCH better! ;)

SLOW-COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF

INGREDIENTS:

1-2 Lbs. Beef Stew Meat
1 C. Onion, chopped
1Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Onion Soup
1-2 small cans sliced mushrooms, drained (I used 1 large can, and 1 small can)
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese (ok to use light)
1 Container (8 oz.) Sour Cream (light ok to use)
1 Pkg. No Yokes Egg Noodles; cooked el dente

In crock-pot, put Beef on bottom, then mix together Onion, Soups, Mushrooms and Pepper and pour over top of Beef. Cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender. Stir Cream Cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir Sour Cream into beef mixture. Serve over Egg Noodles.

It is super yummy and not too terribly creamy and drippy. Just the right amount of proportions I think. Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Missie~ I love using my crock-pot and am always looking for new recipes. This sounds easy to make...a {hearty meal} will be in the making soon! Thanks, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this recipe. I made it today and the kids and I loved it. Tomorrow is the bacon ranch chicken.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete