Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hooray for Pumpkin!

I am a Kingdom Seeker's Leader at our church, and this year I have the pleasure of having the 5th Grade Girls. It's been wonderful so far, and I'm really enjoying all of the girls that I have in my group! Tomorrow night we are having a Soup Supper Fundraiser and I will be cooking soup all day for that. I also needed to make a dessert to bring, and with it being Fall and the fact that I LOVE all things Pumpkin I decided to find a recipe that uses Pumpkin!

I came across this recipe on Paula Deen's site and decided that it sounded so yummy, and thus, I was going to make it! They are in the oven baking now, and I can't wait to see how they turn out.

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS

INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 oz.) pkg. Pound Cake Mix
3 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp. Butter; melted
4 tsps. Pumpkin Pie Spice; divided
1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese; softened
1 (14 oz.) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (15 oz.) Can Pumpkin (about 2 Cups)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. Chopped Nuts

Heat oven to 350. Combine Cake Mix, 1 Egg, Butter and 2 tsps. Pumpkin Pie Spice in large bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 15 x 10 jellyroll pan. Beat Cream Cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in Condensed Milk; beat in remaining 2 Eggs, Pumpkin, remaining 2 tsps. Pumpkin Pie Spice and Salt; mix well. Pour over the crust; sprinkle with the Nuts. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill. Cut into bars.

Here they are:


I'm hoping that these are as fantastic as they sound!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, those sound really good.. we may just have to steal that recipe!!!
    -Dispatcher (and Officer behind me)

    ReplyDelete