Sunday, November 6, 2011

A New Kind of Chicken

The other night I was looking for a new recipe for chicken. As you know, if you've been following my blog, that we eat a lot of chicken in this house. I'm not exactly sure why, but I just know that we do. Although, since I've started using my Crock-Pot, I will say that we have branched out a bit. The chicken recipe that I found was no exception to the use of the Crock-Pot! I have really enjoyed using it lately, and have to wonder why I never did before...it has really become quite the staple in my kitchen.

This recipe was delicious, and it go the seal of approval from the bro! That's always a big plus. He was excited about it because it contained bacon...one of his favorites. I must say that it did turn out quite tasty, but the next time I will make a few tweaks to it as it was a bit salty.

Without further ado, here's the recipe:

BACON-RANCH CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp. Real Bacon Bits (I used about 4 Tbsp.)
1 tsp. Garlic; minced
1 Pkg. Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (I would use about 1/2 of this to cut down on the saltiness)
1 (10.75 oz.) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 C. Sour Cream
egg noodles

Place Chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. Combine Bacon, Garlic, Ranch Dressing mix, Soup, and Sour cream; mix well. Pour over chicken in the crock pot. Cook on high 3-4 hours. Shred the chicken in the crock pot. Cook the Egg Noodles until el dente and then put in the crock pot and mix well just before serving.

I will make this again in the future. I'm now on the hunt for many more yummy crock pot meals! Loving the easy cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment