Friday, December 16, 2011

A Delicious Bread!

I made this bread tonight as part of the Goody Plates for Christmas! My house smelled delicious! This recipe makes 2 large (9x5) loaves, but I used a Pampered Chef Mini-Loaf Stoneware pan...it has 4 wells and made 4 perfect little loaves! The perfect size for gift giving. I needed to double up the recipe...but I made it in 2 separate batches. They turned out wonderfully, and I even have 1 left over to share with my family next weekend when we do our family Christmas on Friday! YAY! :)

PUMPKIN-CRANBERRY BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
3 C Flour
1 Tbs + 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Salt
3 C. Sugar
1 (15 oz) Can Solid Pack Pumpkin
4 Eggs
1 C. Oil
1/2 C. Orange Juice (or Cranberry Juice or Water WHATEVER YOU PREFER) (I used OJ)
2 C. Fresh, Frozen, or Dried Sweetened Cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour two 9x5" loaf pans. (Or you can use parchment paper instead of grease) OR you can use Mini-Loaf Pans
Combine Flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Baking Soda &  Salt in large bowl.
Combine Sugar, Pumpkin, Eggs, Oil & Juice in large mixer bowl, beat until just blended.
Add Pumpkin mixture to Flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Fold in Cranberries, then spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 60 to 75 minutes (depending on your oven) or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely. (If using Stoneware Pans you can remove immediately, or the loaves will continue baking)
 
I cannot wait to share these yummy goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment