Friday, December 16, 2011

Baking The Days Away!!!!

Wow!!! I can hardly believe that it's the middle of December already? Where did the year go? Lucky for us here in Mid-Michigan we don't have any of that nasty little 4-letter S word on the ground right now. But that could change at the drop of a hat. It has been raining here a lot lately, and I DON'T care for that at all! I heard someone in the grocery store the other day say, "If it's going to be this cold outside it might as well just snow!" My feelings on that are not the same...I can stand the cold and do without the white stuff!!!!

In preparation for Christmas, baking has been the undertaking in my kitchen! Every year I LOVE to try new things and give the gift of goodies to friends and neighbors. This year is not any different! I just have a few more people to add to the list. The bro is happy that he has a sister that loves to cook and bake, so that he can share the wealth with his bosses at work. :) And I'm lucky that I work at a place where both my bosses have HUGE sweet toothes and will love this gift! So, I will be sharing a few posts of recipes with you!

The first is one of my favorites!

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 C. Butter, softened
3/4 C firmly packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 C. Flour
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 C. Mini Chocolate Chips (I use more...like 1/2 a bag!)
1 1/2 Lbs. Chocolate Bark Candy Coating, melted

In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate morsels and pecans, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper; chill 2 hours.

***Note:*** Since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour. This will make it easier to roll.

Melt chocolate bark candy coating in a double boiler. Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

These freeze very nicely as well! It's a good thing they do, otherwise I couldn't promise that any would end up on the goodie plates or making the trip with my family to Illinois to my extended family! Give them a try, you won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment