Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Yummy New Treat!

I was looking for new recipes to try the other day and I came across the website: "Just a Pinch Recipe Club" and found some great ones that I'm really looking forward to trying in the next few weeks! I made of them today, and it has turned out pretty well. The house sure smells cinammony! :)

STRAWBERRY BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
3 C. Flour
2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
2 (10 oz.) Packages Frozen Sliced Strawberries
1 C. Vegetable Oil
4 Egg; beaten well

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and Flour 2 (8x4) loaf pans (I used my stoneware mini-loaf pan). Combine all Dry Ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. In a separate bowl combine all liquid ingredients and mix well. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour all liquid ingredients into it. Mix by hand. Pour batter into pans and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan; then turn onto cooling rack. Cool completely.

***NOTE*** After I had already put these in the oven I had an afterthought that it would be GREAT to put in some Mini-Chocolate Chips as well. It would make it like a Chocolate Covered Straweberry! Too bad I thought of it too late...BUT there's always next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment