Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Summer Meal Idea!

Tomorrow is our community picnic at work to honor our residents. Without them I wouldn't have a job! So, for them I am very grateful! :) My boss asked me if I would make a pasta salad and I happily agreed to do so.

I haven't had this salad in a long time, but it is so good. Especially with the sauce, which is a huge thanks to my Aunt B. for the recipe for it. Not sure it would taste quite as good without it. This makes a great Main Dish, or a Side Dish.

MACARONI TUNA SALAD

INGREDIENTS:
1 Box Ruffle Macaroni
3/4 Small Bag Frozen Peas
1 (8 oz.) Bag Shredded Cheese
1-2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes
2 (12 oz.) Tuna Fish; drained

SAUCE:
1 C. White Sugar
1 C. Vinegar
1 C. Mayo
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Boil the Macaroni until tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the Sauce. Add the Tomatoes, Peas, Cheese and Tuna. Once the noodles are cooled add them and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is just the right amount of creaminess and not-so-creaminess. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment