Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Absolute BEST Meatloaf....EVER!

We love meatloaf over here! But, ever since we lived in NW Iowa and had Meatloaf made "their" way, we've found nothing that compares! UNTIL....I was turned on to Bob's Butcher Block!!! Here I am able to get almost any kind of FRESH meat under the sun! This makes me happy! I've not been able to find a Meat Market like Woudstra's Meat Market in Iowa yet...that is until I went to Bob's Butcher Block. Here they will grind Ham for me for this meatloaf! YAY!!!

This is truly one of the best meatloaf's I have ever had. If you give it a try, I know that you will think the same thing! The key is to get the Ham and Ground Beef, ground together.

HAM TOMATO LOAF

INGREDIENTS:
1 Lb. Ground Beef
1 Lb. Ground Ham
5 oz. Tomato Soup
1/3 C. Milk
1 Egg
3/4 C. Bread Crumbs
1/2 C. Onion; finely chopped

SAUCE:
5 oz. Tomato Soup
1/4 C. Vinegar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar

Mix the first 7 ingredients together. Pack into a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Mix Soup with Brown Sugar and Vinegar. Spread over the top of mixture in the pan. Bake UNCOVERED at 350 for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment