Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Think That Supper Tonight Will be AWESOME

I'm not sure how many of you are on Facebook...but if you are, and you struggle to come up with things to make for supper at your house...I HIGHLY recommend checking out the Facebook page of the Crockpot Girls! I recently discovered them and have learned a lot of new things to do in my crockpot! You can even make a fruit crisp in that thing...amazing, I know! :) Anyway, while I was perusing their site I found the recipe that I'm making for supper tonight...they were going to do a web video of it yesterday. I wasn't able to watch because I had just started my new job....but that's a whole other story.

My house is starting to smell delicious and my mouth is watering as I type this. I can't wait to try it tonight. I just hope that it's done before I have to leave for a Bridal Shower tonight. If not, I guess I'll try it when I get home.

CROCK-POT CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

INGREDIENTS:
4 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 (10.75 oz.) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (10.75 oz.) Can Cream of Celery Soup
2 C. Chicken Broth
1 Onion, finely diced
1 C. Celery, diced
1 C. Carrots, diced
1 Chicken Boullion Cube or equivalent Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

**As for the Dumplings...You can make your own dumlings or use a pacakge of refrigerated Pillsbury Biscuit Dough, torn into pieces.

EXCLUDING the biscuits, put all ingredients in the crock-pot and stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours. About an hour (give or take) before serving, remove chicken and pull into pieces and return to the soup mixture, place the torn biscuit dough in and cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

I can't wait until mine is done. I hope that you will give this simple, EASY recipe a try!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Fall or cold Winter dinner! Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete