Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oatmeal in the Crock-pot?

Did she say "Oatmeal in the Crock-Pot?" Why yes, yes I did!!! My Aunt T. made this for breakfast on Tuesday morning, and I'm here to tell you that it was WONDERFUL!!!! I will definitely be making this myself.

OVERNIGHT CROCKPOT OATMEAL

INGREDIENTS:
1 C. Steel Cut or Regular Oats (NOT Quick Oats)
4 C. Water
1/2 C. Milk
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Butter
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 C. Raisins
1-2 Chopped Fresh Apples

Combine all ingredients in the Crock-pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with Milk & Cinnamon Sugar.

See, I told you that it was easy!!!! Give it a try and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, now I wish I had regular oatmeal instead of the quick kind. The kids and I eat oatmeal for breakfast probably five times a week, so it would be so nice to just throw this all in the night before! I wonder if I could do this with quick oats though, like if I threw it all in when hubby leaves for work at 530 and it be ready around 8am. Definitely will have to research this.

    ReplyDelete