Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What A Great Supper!

I've been using my Crock-Pot alot lately...in case you couldn't figure that out! ;) I'm really enjoying that...it allows me to not have to worry about what's for supper on busy days or days that I'm at work because I've done all of the prep work before I walk out the door. Today, was no exception. Although I didn't have to work today, I did have a Dentist Appointment and errands to run, and I'm hosting a Premier Designs Jewelry Party tonight, so I needed something easy.

A friend of mine asked me to send this recipe to his girlfriend the other night, as I was doing so I thought, "Hmm, I really should make this too!" This one is NOT a CrockPot Girls recipe either! Maybe I should share it with them?!?

BRATWURST, SAUERKRAUT & APPLES

INGREDIENTS:
 8 bratwurst links
1 16-oz. package sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice (I've also used Honeycrisp Apples)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
 4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (I use a little more)
1/2 cup mustard
8 hot dog buns (Don't need the buns if you don't want them)

Preparation
1. Place bratwurst links in slow cooker and top with sauerkraut, apples and onion. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover and cook on lowv3 to 4 hours.
2. Spread 1 Tbsp. mustard on each hot dog bun. Spoon some sauerkraut mixture on buns, top each with a sausage and serve.


It is so yummy and has such a wonderful mesh of flavors! Even better, it's not that expensive to make...probably about $8.00 for the whole Crock-Pot full! Give it a try, and I would LOVE to hear what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Joel loves bratwurst, I definitely plan on trying this one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete