Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wow, It's Been A Long Week Already!

I've been meaning to post a few new recipes, but just haven't found the time to do so until today. I also need to catch you all up on the happenings in my life....Last week I started a part-time job!!!! I'm SO happy about this, I can't even tell you....It's very flexible and I only work 3 days a week. This has worked out well since I've also started selling Norwex on the side. LOVING these products as well! YAY!!!

I'm having a party tonight and at my party I'm going to be serving this Coffee Cake, as well as another yummy recipe that I will also post today! My Gramma was talking about how my sister-in-law had made this the last time that she was in town to visit and how good it was, so I decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, it's super-duper easy!

ALMOND COFFEE CAKE

1/2 lb. Almond Paste; grated
1 C. Sugar
Yellow Cake Mix
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Milk

Grate the Almond Paste and mix with the Sugar. Make the Cake Mix according to box directions. Put 1/2 the Cake Mix in a greased 9x13 pan, top with 1/2 the Almond Paste mixture. Repeat the layers. Bake according to the directions on the Cake Mix Box. Make a glaze of the Powdered Sugar and the Milk. Drizzle over warm cake.

All I can say is that this cake smelled Fantastic while it was baking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment