Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Delicious Fall Meal

The weather is getting colder in MI, and I for one can tell that Fall is officially here. I have a COLD and I'm NOT happy about it! But I will push through this, as I do each and every Fall...better get it out of the way now than later I guess.

My parents are coming for Sunday dinner today, and I decided to prep a nice Fall meal in the crock-pot. If you've been to my blog more than once you know that A. I LOVE my crock-pot...and B. I am addicted to Pinterest! That addiction hasn't failed me yet, and I'm sure that today will be no exception.

CROCK-POT PORK ROAST WITH SWEET POTATOES & APPLES:
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 Lb. Pork Roast
2 Fuji Apples; cored and chopped
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes; peeled and chopped
1 Medium Onion; chopped in large pieces
1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 C. Apple Juice (or white grape juice or water)
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Basil
1/2 tsp. Rosemary

Spray the bottom and sides of crock-pot. Place half of the Apples, Sweet Potatoes and Onion in bottom. Top with Roast and Apple Juice. Sprinkle the Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon, Basil and Rosemary over top of Roast. Place the rest of the Apples, Sweet Potatoes and Onion on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Remove Roast and some of the juices. Remove Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Onions to large bowl and mash with a Potato Masher; serve as an instant side to the roast.

Even though  I have a cold, I can still smell a little bit and this smells wonderful while it's cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment