Sunday, September 2, 2012

Finally back, after a LONG Hiatus! Honey Chicken Kabobs

Sorry that I've left all of you hanging for so long. I was a very busy working woman and could never find the time to just sit down and blog, and for that I apologize! I should've made the time...as my dear Mother asked me last night, "Are you ever going to blog again?" Well, the answer to that is yes, I sure am! :)

I made these yummy Kabobs last weekend for the bro's 30th Birthday! They were a recipe that I found while surfing Pinterest....which btw is now a FREE App in the App Store for my Droid 3 phone...Oh boy, am I in trouble! ;) Since the bro and I live together I asked him what he wanted to do for his Birthday last Saturday and he didn't have any ideas. So after a very exciting trip to the grocery store we decided that we would invite our Best Friends S & E and their 3 kiddos over for supper and games. It was a night filled with a lot of laughter and fun!

HONEY CHICKEN KABOBS:

INGREDIENTS:
      1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch piece
  • 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
  •  Fresh pineapple chunks
  •  Cherry tomatoes
  •  
    Mix the oil, honey, soy sauce and pepper in a large bowl. Cut up the chicken and place in a large ziplock bag. Do the same with Vegetables, and place in a separate bag. Pour most of the sauce mixture in each bag, reserving some for later. Place sealed bags in the fridge to marinate for several hours (the longer the better), turning each time you are in the kitchen. Assemble how you wish on a grill safe skewer. Heat grill to where you can still place a hand over the top and hold it there for 5 seconds. Grill, until juices in chicken run clear. Before removing from grill, brush with remaining sauce.
     
    These were so good, and so easy to make. I will be making them again!
                      

    No comments:

    Post a Comment