Saturday, September 22, 2012

An Old Favorite Revisited At Our House

My Mom has been here all week, and it's been great having her around. We have done a lot of things together, and also a lot of just vegging at home. Anyway, while she was here she decided that she was going to make us Mostaccioli the way that my Gramma makes it...we used to eat this all the time when we were growing up, and then my Great Aunt had a different recipe and we kind of transitioned to that. They both have their own merits, but I've got to say that when we had this for dinner this week I thought, "Why haven't I made this?" It was so melty, ooey-gooey and good!

MOSTACCIOLI:
INGREDIENTS:
1 Lb. Ground Beef
1/2 C. Green Pepper; chopped
1/2 C. Onion; chopped
15 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
6 oz. Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/4 C. Water
4 C. Cooked Mostaccioli Noodles
1/2 Lb. Thinly Sliced Velveeta Cheese (the above container used 24 slices)
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Brown Ground Beef slowly. Add Pepper and Onion; cook until tender. Stir in Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Water and Seasonings. Simmer 15 minutes. In a greased 2 Quart casserole, layer noodles, meat sauce, and Velveeta Cheese. Repeat 2 or 3 times. Top with Parmesan Cheese. Bake at 250 for 35 minutes.

Give this one a try, and I promise you won't be disappointed! Thanks Gramma for the recipe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment