Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Scrumptious Sunday Dinner!

As I've stated before, I LOVE to use my crock-pot! Today was no different...it was nice to be able to get up this morning prep the food and put it in the crock-pot before heading out the door for Church. We came home to a wonderful smelling house because of it as well. :)

Again, the credit for this recipe goes to Pinterest...have I mentioned how much I LOVE Pinterest? I could spend days just pinning recipes and other ideas.

CROCK-POT HONEY APPLE PORK LOIN:


INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 to 3 Lb. Pork Loin
3 Red Delicious Apples; sliced
Cinnamon
Honey

The night before, poke holes in the Pork Loin and place in a large ziploc bag. Sprinkle with Cinnamon and honey, and let marinate overnight. Slice one of the Apples and place in the bottom of the Crock-Pot, sprinkle with Cinnamon. Make slits in the Pork Loin and drizzle a little honey in each slit. Slice up a second Apple and place slices in slits of Pork Loin. Place in Crock-Pot, drizzle with honey. Slice up the 3rd Apple and place slices on top of Pork Loin in Crock-Pot. Sprinkle generously with Cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or on High for 5 hours. Serve with drippings from the Pork Loin.

I served this with some Sweet Corn that I had froze last season. It was huge hit, and everyone loved it here at my house! I'm sure that you could also do with with any other kind of meat that you desired and it would turn out just as good. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment