Thursday, February 24, 2011

Almondy Goodness!

Today in our house has been deemed "Leftover Day." I am still not feeling the greatest and thus I DO NOT feel like cooking! See, I knew that there was a reason that I was so industrious earlier this week and made things that were easily reheated at a later date, and would still be just as yummy! When I put my mind to it I can plan ahead! Funny how that happens!! :-)

With that said, I did want to share a recipe with you today. This one is for a yummy, simple dessert. Being a true Dutch girl, I'm in touch with my love for all things Almond!!! This just happens to be one of those things!

ALMOND BARS

INGREDIENTS:
1 C. Almond Paste
2 Eggs; beaten
2 C. Sugar
2 Sticks Margarine; softened
2 C. Flour

Mix all ingredients together. The batter will be quite stiff. Spread into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes.

Here it is all mixed up:
Ready for the oven:

And last, but not least, here it is after it has cooled:
Look at how nice and golden it is! How can you resist all of this almondy, ooey-gooey goodness? You will want to cut these small because they are very rich...but oh so good!!! Or is it just the Dutch girl in me that thinks they are so yummy?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made these bars in a long time. Thanks for reminding me of them--when I bake again I think I will make these for this non-Dutch area! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete