Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Menu!

I would like to wish all of you a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! I hope that it was wonderful! Since both my younger brother and I are single I had to come up with a meal plan for tonight...He and I have lived together for the past 3 years, and it has been pretty nice having someone else around...especially someone that doesn't mind trying out some of the new things that I try! Always get an honest feedback, and I like that!!! I'm always the first person to tell people that if they don't like something that I've made to let me know, I WON'T be offended in the least. I just know that I shouldn't make that particular item again!

On Today's Menu: Pizza Burgers

Here are some of the ingredients you will need:


INGREDIENTS:

2 lb. Ground Chuck
1 1/2 tsp. Anise Seed
1 1/2 tsp. Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 Green Pepper; chopped
1 (15 oz.) Can Pizza Sauce
8 oz. Shredded Cheese
8 English Muffins (16 halves)

Brown meat and drain the grease. Add salt, pepper and green pepper. Mix in oregano and anise seed. Add pizza sauce and stir together. Simmer on stovetop for 15 minutes. Spread on English Muffin halves and top with shredded cheese. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until cheese melts.
***NOTE***
I used Ground Turkey and since my broiler isn't the best I just baked in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. I also made the whole recipe amount, but only used a portion of the meat mixure and the English Muffins, since 16 is WAY to many for 2 people! I just put the rest of the meat in the refrigerator to be used again later this week. I also added some grape tomatoes to ours, since we love tomatoes on our pizza!

Ready for the oven:
After I baked them for 5 minutes:

While I was waiting for this wonderful meal simmer on the stove and bake in the oven I took care of doing all the dishes! Now, mind you, dishes are my arch-nemesis! I dislike dishes with a passion! If there was ever a reason to NOT cook or bake these would be it, but since I do love to cook/bake I'm forced to put up with them. It does make it easier to handle if I just do them as I'm going along instead of letting them pile up!

My arch-nemesis:

Oh, and for those of you that were wondering what those SCRUMPTIOUS Pineapple Cheesecake Bars look like after they are cut out of the pan....here it is:

OH SO YUMMY!!!! I hope that you are enjoying my posts so far, and I hope that I can supply some of you with some alternatives to the things you've been making! I would love to hear about it, so please don't be afraid to leave me some comments!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I look forward to keeping up with your recipes--you cook 'normal' but delicious food. Stuff I will actually make and not just look at because it contains 15 ingredients I never have at my house :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this! Burgers and pizza are 2 favorite foods around here, so the 2 together would have to be a hit! Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete